The placement will include:
- An assistantship on a Young Vic production or co-production
- A two-week tailored training programme observing day to day running of the theatre, attending planning and management meetings and spending time in departments such as marketing, production and development
- Professional practice workshops, led by Young Vic associates.
- The opportunity to direct a short piece of work, in The Clare Theatre, to be presented alongside the work of other Jerwood Assistant Directors
- The opportunity to take part in an international practice exchange with other Jerwood Assistant Directors.
- The opportunity to devise and lead two peer-led projects for the Genesis Directors Network.
Each assistant will receive a fee which covers their training programme and assistantship on a production. There is a small budget to support the direction of a short piece in The Clare and the international practice exchange.
Recent Jerwood Assistant Directors include:
- Laura Keefe Feast
- Olly Hawes Above Me the Wide Blue Sky
- Sam Pritchard A Doll's House
- Laura Farnworth Public Enemy
- Elayce Ismail A Season in the Congo
Supported by the Jerwood Charitable FoundationThese opportunities will be advertised through the Genesis Directors Network. Please do not write in with unsolicited requests to work as an assistant at the Young Vic.